Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Sacred Heart



i've done bad things to your heart. i've done them more than once. and you always come and forgive me, showing me that you truly are better than i. but forgiveness must come from me first, i should forgive myself, and i know that hasn't happened yet. heaven nor hell exists, but the closer thing to hell is living with the knowledge that i've broken your heart, and mine is still unharmed by you. so please, before continuing with our love, make me happy with the only eye-for-an-eye stupidity that will save this guilt... break my selfish heart to shattered pieces and let me forgive you.

i hope i forgive you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmnmmmm, the things we ask people to do to assuage our own guilt....

a bit selfish, eh?

:-)

Edilma said...

MEN!

Shhhhhhh...

(K)

Nilz said...

minnie, good morning.

i believe love is completely selfish, and i don't think that´s completely wrong. it's healthy that it's selfish. of course, you sacrifice things for the other person, but still, it's all about YOUR happiness. when that doesn't work out, then questions and loss become apparent.

Nilz said...

no, not men, edilma. nilz.

ssshhhh x 1000

;)

Anonymous said...

Now this reminds me of a song...What I Did for Love....

;-)

Nilz said...

minnie - didn't know the song, but i did my research and i found that it's a standard, a classic, lots of people have sung it (shame on me). whose would you say is the definite version?