Friday, September 29, 2006

Happy Birthday Brett


today is brett anderson's birthday. with suede, he single-handedly created the britpop/neoglam movement in the UK in the early 90s, becoming a sensation and a sex symbol in different parts of the world. after disbanding suede, he reteamed with the group's original guitarist bernard butler under the name the tears. their debut album is highly recommended. right now he's finishing his first solo album, which will be released sometime next year. here's to you, brett. cheers.

PS. ed, hope you feel better. so i guess you're not going to the beach this weekend, are ya? :( x 1000

here' s a beautiful suede song about the sea...



BY THE SEA (Anderson)

She can walk out anytime, anytime she wants to walk out, that's fine,
She can walk out anytime, anytime she feels that life has passed her by,
And when I start my new life I won't touch the ground,
I'm gonna try hard this time not to touch the ground.

He can walk out anytime, anytime he wants to walk out, that's fine,
He can walk out anytime, across the sand, into the sea, into the brine,
And when I start my new life I won't touch the ground,
I'm gonna try hard this time not to touch the ground.

So we sold the car and quit the job
and shook some hands and wiped the make-up right off,
And we said our good-byes to the bank
left Seven Sisters for a room in a seaside shack,
And when I start my new life I won't touch the ground,
I'm gonna try hard this time not to touch the ground......

it's by the sea we'll breed
it's by the sea we'll breed
into the sea we'll bleed
into the sea we'll bleed...


.
.
.

happy friday/weekend everybody.

hugs, kisses and handshakes :)

7 comments:

Edilma said...

Again, why do you lie to me? You say you don't remember people´s birthdays...

(K)

Nilz said...

edilma - i don't lie to you. i check people's birthdays at www.imdb.com every day :)

i may cheat... but i don't lie ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day to Brett but I admit I've never heard of him until today! Smile.....

Uta Refson said...

Have a great gig this weekend Nilz!
Watch out for flying panties from all the ladies............
You could have an eye put out!
;)

XO

Anonymous said...

Everyone sounds so sick, how about some vitamin C? I'm so fortunate to never get coughs but I'm also certainly feeling sick, mind and heart sick.

Anonymous said...

Uta that sounds fun, I'm sure both you and Nilz would probably enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

This is where and when we say goodbye my love, I can't do this anymore, it's really getting to me now and the thought of it just going on undefinetely I cannot bear. I just do not have the strentgh I guess.
I know I'll have to detox from it all (first time I ever use that word referring to me, funny) but I'll just have to do it, either cold turkey or slowly, let's see what works.
I've loved it all, really. ANd I will always love you. But maybe we are just not good for each other and I CANNOT be alone anymore.

So SORRY for failing.