Thursday, September 28, 2006

"I'd love to" by Morrissey


this IS my favourite morrissey song of all times. it was released in 1994 as the b-side to his top 40 single "the more you ignore me, the closer i get". it's a little different from the sound of the album which is taken from, vauxhall and i, which is pretty acoustic driven. this song has more of an ambient feeling, with slight electronic drums on the background. the bass guitar is the instrument that takes the song along the watery path made by the synthesizers and the delay drenched guitars. beautiful vocals and simple lyrics make this a song filled with desire and hope. what else must we ask for?


I'D LOVE TO (Morrissey/Boorer)

Again
I lay awake
and I cried because of waste

I'd love to
(But only with you
Only with you)
Oh, time is gonna wipe us out

There, I've said it loud and clear
So that you will hear
There's no one in view
Just you
Just you
And time will never wipe you out

Now I've had enough
I've had more than could be
My rightful share
Of nights I can't bear
How can it be fair?
Time must wipe them out

So, again, I lay awake
In a trance
Oh, I just want my chance
But only with you
Only with you
That's all
That's all

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already fell in love with evil, that wasn't much fun so somehow I freed myself from it. Oh but are they playing the same game Evil and God? Déjà vu, déjà vu, déjà vu, bittersweet déjà vu...
Did you ever hear this story? Gosh can't remember who sings that...
Nice songs Nilz.

Anonymous said...

I like the titles to some of Morrissey's Songs. For example,

Billy Budd
The Lazy Sunbather
I am Hated for Loving

Not your typical rock titles....

Anonymous said...

These Morrissey songs are rather bitter....hmm Nilz you surely have a taste for twistedness.

Free I am. Already cleared that one, sweet offering anyways. Something tells me I would do the same.

Have lovely day wherever you are.

Uta Refson said...

Mr. Morrissey is one of my favorites.
Very nice choice Nilz!
He can tend to have a touch of bitterness in his songs.......keeps them relatable.

Anonymous said...

Uta so so true.

Edilma said...

Nice song...

I'm alive by the way ;)

Nilz said...

edilma - good to know that. good to know that :)