Thursday, September 07, 2006

In Pursuit of Happiness


the last few days i've been listening to the divine comedy's a short album about love, which has 7 gorgeous songs about the most magical feeling in the world, from all points of view... good love, bad love, sick love, wanted love, unreachable love... keep on counting... so, it seems appropiate that i use a song from this album as the soundtrack to my jolly good morning.

the very first song on the album is "in pursuit of happiness", and although it's the song i least enjoy listening to, it's still great and its happy theme is just perfect to describe the way i feel right now.

good morning, and thank you all.

(K)

(i'm in one of those moods where i thank everybody ;) ssshhhhh)


In Pursuit of Happiness (Neil Hannon)

Hey, I'm not the type
To say one thing and do another
And if it's all right I'd kind
Of like to be your lover
'Cos when you're with me I can't help but be
So desperately
Uncontrollably Happy!

And hey, I'm not the kind
To fall in love without good reason
And if that's a crime
Then baby I'm committing high treason
'Cos when you're with me
I'm absolutely
And totally
Quite uncontrollably Happy!

And hey, I'm not so blind
That I can't see where we're all going
And it's no fault of mine
If humankind reaps what it is sowing
Just as long as we are together
Forever
I'll never be anything other than Happy!

Hey, don't be suprised, if millions die in plague and murder
True happiness lies beyond your fries and happy burger

5 comments:

Edilma said...

Oh yes, the happy meal...that's world peace right there ;)

I'm glad you're happy dear Nilz!

(K)

Nilz said...

thank you, lovely edilma.

yes, happiness comes in the most strangest shapes ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy when my pot of coffee is ready in the morning....

;-)

Uta Refson said...

I have a strange shape!
Hee hee!
I have tried and tried to get into The Divine Comedy's music.......Very few songs speak to me....can't figure out why exactly.........
I can see your taste Nilz.........

Nilz said...

uta - oh, the divine comedy speak to me in different beautiful absurd ways. it's the music, of course, that grabs me. that scott walker orchestra lushness, the jacques brel wit in the lyric, filtered through that irish sense of humour. and of course, mr. neil hannon's songwriting and voice. just as powerful as master walker's. and this particular CD "a short album about love", is just lovely, very funny and touching and moving... perfect mix. i'm always trying to spread the divine comedy gospel ;)